Submit or Quit: A Submissions Support Group
Winter Session: January, February, March 2018
First monthly meeting: Saturday, Jan. 13 from 1-3 pm
A three-month commitment to sending out your work for publication with a goal of 60 submissions total.
Each month the group will meet for two hours to check in on individual progress, read work aloud, report on literary journals/magazines/websites investigated, compare notes on submissions, and share advice.
First meeting will go over submission basics and guidelines including registering on Submittable, a commonly used website/interface for submissions. Individual goals will be set at that time.
Twelve slots available. $68 per session plus a monthly submission ‘security deposit’ ($60 for the entire session)
Here’s how it works.
- You commit to 60 submissions which comes out to 20 per month. Don’t worry — this isn’t as intimidating as it sounds. For example, if you produce four pieces and submit each one to five different publications (those that accept simultaneous submissions) that’s your 20 for the month.
- To ensure follow through, in addition to the workshop fee you’ll pay a $1 ‘security deposit’ for every submission you intend to complete in that month. So if you pledge to do 20 submissions, you’ll deposit $20 which will be held for you until the following month.
- At the next meeting, you’ll come with proof of submission (printed email acknowledging your entry), and your $1 deposit for each submission will be returned to you upon verification.
- For those submissions not completed, you forfeit your deposit.
- Submissions cannot roll over from one month to the next. If you don’t complete that month’s pledge (typically $20 per month) you will lose whatever portion is incomplete.
- Register to participate; if you can’t make the first meeting, another will be scheduled to accommodate those who are unable to attend.
- Depending on number enrolled, there may be two sections of Submit or Quit: a daytime group and an evening group. You’ll be asked for your preferences at a later date.
If you complete all 60 submissions, your total $60 deposit will be returned in full.
All submissions must be completed by the specified end of the session which will be determined at the first meeting.
This is NOT LISTED on EventBrite, thus there are no additional fees.
The cost below is your total cost.
Register by clicking on PayPal link below.
Registration: Submit or Quit
Winter session registration fee for Submit or Quit covering January, February and March.